Monday, August 13, 2012

Closing Ceremonies

Hope you enjoyed the show!  Here are some of my favourite moments from the closing ceremonies...

First there were a few opening musical numbers, then the parade of flags...


Followed by the athletes...


Nice arial shot from the blimp...


I really liked the tribute to John Lennon with Imagine...


And the image of him that they created on the floor using human puzzle pieces...


Annie Lennox was great...


But I really enjoyed this bizarre bit with Russell Brand and "I am the Walrus"...


The Spice Girls rocked it...


And then it just got weird with Eric Idle (what was with that Bollywood bit?)...


This part of the Brazlian show reminded me of the Matrix...


Then it was time for the flame to go out...


And a phoenix to rise...


After the Who played My Generation, we had the final firework sequence...


Now we're here till morning as they record athlete interviews from the stadium, and then cut together how the show will air tonight (I don't think NBC showed this live this afternoon).

Overall, I thought it was pretty entertaining, though it got off to a slow start.  I'll have one more post tomorrow to wrap things up.  Thanks for sticking with me!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all the music.I thought that huge octopus was cool although my husband, son and I couldn't figure out what it meant! LOL!

    I missed the Who because NBC showed that new comedy and I didn't know more was on after our local news!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sean,

    I write this words from Barcelona and I would like ask you to use the photo with Eric Idle with the rollerbladed nuns in the closing ceremony in London Olympic Games.

    I am preparing an article in my blog dedicated to the rollerblades/rollerskates in London Olympic Games and I couldn't find photos of this part of the event.

    I will put the reference to your blog in the photo if you will decide to share it.

    Thank you in advanced! Greetings from Barcelona.

    akaneroller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The photo is actually just a picture of a TV monitor, so I'm not sure if I can legally give you permission to use this photo. Hopefully you can find another. Sorry!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sean,
    I stumbled across your blog while doing research for an upcoming trip. I came just to find the name of the place in Camden with the motorcycle seating and I stayed for an hour. It looks like you had a great experience and you gave me some good ideas and insights. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi! It's funny how that can happen on the internet! Glad you enjoyed my blog! Cheers - Sean

      Delete